Thursday, January 31, 2013

November's Angel

Here she is, here she is!  This one was fun to stitch, and I wanted a definite Thanksgiving feel.  The pins in this one are a blackbird (see, he's perched on the top) and a sunflower in her hand.  Growing up in North Dakota, I saw sunflowers every year.


My dad had a standard joke for late in the summer.  We'd all be in the car, driving outside of town past a sunflower field.  When the sunflowers get ready for harvest, their heads droop -- like they're looking at the ground.  My dad would say: "Nobody move.  I dropped my contact lens!"

3 comments:

  1. She is so wonderful! Can't wait for December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love Raise the Roof clothes line patterns. I looking for the pattern "Warm Water Wash. I have the fabric, embellishments, but no pattern; long story.
    I've done her Witchy Washy, & have several others. If you have it please let me know or anyone else who may have the pattern; I'll pay for it of course. Thanks so very much, Connie who loves to Cross Stitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this amazing article on Raise the Roof Designs was Just searching for What's the Difference Between Home Repairs and Home Maintenance? and found this amazing website of yours.

    ReplyDelete